Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Happy Birthday Sweet Pea!
In honor of my first born's second birthday I am going to list the top 12 (one for each month of her second year) reasons I love her so very much.
1. Because she greets me every morning with a smile that makes me almost forget that I am not a morning person.
2. She is not afraid of anything and will jump off or climb anything ( this also scares the crap out of me)
3. Though she never asked for a baby brother, and I suspect would have been content with a new doll, she loves baby Max almost as much as I do and really tries to be a big help.
4. She give the best hugs
5. The way she crinkles her nose after saying yucky is the cutest thing I have ever seen
6. She is actually better at housework than me, and enjoys is much more
7. I love that she walked at 8 1/2 months because it is just an example of how nothing holds her back
8. She is so tough and can take a big fall without a tear, but also still needs her mommy first if there is a boo boo
9. The fact that she calls all bugs bees and will crouch down chanting this and follow an ant around the kitchen is also very cute
10. When you scare her or surprise her her face scrunches up and her whole body shivers, it is hilarious
11. The way her face lights up when I pick her up from preschool gives me the best feeling ever because I know she had so much fun, but she still would rather be with me and that rocks
12. And finally, because she will always be my little sweet pea pod (she looked like a pea pod all bundled up as a newborn, and the name stuck) and my first born who taught me how to be a mommy
This is Hailey on her very first birthday (the day of her birth.) I wish I could show you one with her eyes open, but I don't have one :)
Hailey fell down our basement stairs a week before her first birthday celebration and this was the result...
As you can see she healed and looked much better by her actual birthday, but still had a shiner, but she was still the cutest birthday girl I had ever seen.
So, Hailey is two, and I am sad because I miss my baby, but I can't wait to see what this year has in store for her and me. I love you Hailey Elaine Peterson!!!!