Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Today, not so perfect

The kids are following the weather and being grumpy. I have heard "no" from Hailey so many times that I want to ban it, but I know she is just expressing her independence. She spent the better part of the morning in time out because she refused to help mommy clean up a mess she made. I just am not sure where to draw the line on making her a good person and not making her a robot. I ask her to do things for me and she says no, and then I express that it is not nice, but I don't feel like I should force her to bring me things or to become my slave. However, I do want her to know that mommy is boss and she is to be minded. Oh well, I saw a comediene mom on The View yesterday joke that she is not worried about how she will screw her kids up because that will just make them more interesting people. I have a feeling my kids are going to be fascinating, much like myself :)

I brought my camera yesterday, but didn't take many pictures, so I only have this one of Max's first walk. He was riveted as you can see....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm dreading the day I start hearing "no." That should be FUN times!! Max definitely looks like he got into the walk!

Janice said...

Hi! Wish Ava slept like that in her stroller.

As for the word "No", Cameron has not said that much, mostly because he just throws a fit when he doesn't get his way. I have to tell you though that there are some days that I can't even remember, especially when both kids are crabby. Do you ever feel like you just want to be split in half so you can give each child the same amount of attention?

Oh, and thanks so much for the blog roll!!

Denise said...

Hello! This is my first visit to your blog. :) I am pregnant with number 2 so I am interested to see how in the heck things get done! Your children are super super cute!

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Oh, the picking up the toys fight. I don’t get “no” very much, they just don’t do it. Now if I say, go get Lovey Bear or bring Mommy your shoes, then they do it. (I don’t think this is making them a robot is it??? Hope not!) But if it’s pick up the 37 crayons you’ve dumped in the floor I get blank stare, and then said kid trots off to do whatever. No sass, just completely ignoring my instructions. So off to timeout, and crayons go bye bye for a while. So I know they understand the request, they just ignore it until they see consequences.

My thoughts on the robot thing- kids have to learn to do as they’re told when it comes to cleaning up, fixing something they messed up, etc. I don’t think being behaved makes them mindless. I was a very well behaved child (are you shocked??) and I’m far from mindless. Ahhh, the balancing act between saying no to everything and having an out of control child. Fun isn’t it?

To Janice, if you read this, I’ve never had “one on one” time since I got a two for one deal with my kids. However, I think my kids are super good at entertaining themselves (for short periods!) since they’ve had to do it all their lives. They both know you love them, and I try to do “special” things with each of them individually, even if it’s just reading a story.

Wendy said...

Cute blog. I have enjoyed reading it this morning!! Keep up the good work!!